Important Details About the Exam Pretest
- Applications will be accepted through 8am, Central Time (CT) July 2nd, 2021.
- Application fee is $75 and nonrefundable.
- The exam must be taken in person at a Pearson VUE testing center. To see a list of test center locations, visit DANB’s Pearson VUE page and select “find a test center.” Find a Pearson VUE test center.
- Space is limited. The first 200 candidates to apply and who meet the exam eligibility and related pretest requirements will be accepted.
- Candidates may apply for either the CDIPC or DISIPC pretest exam, but not both.
- Candidates whose applications are accepted will receive an exam authorization email from DANB in mid-July.
- Candidates who receive an exam authorization email must schedule and take the exam within 60 days of receiving the exam authorization email.
Work Experience Forms
Candidates who apply through Pathway I must submit a Work Experience Form to demonstrate they have completed at least 1,040 hours applying U.S. federal infection prevention and control guidelines and standards* in dental settings within the previous 3 years.
There are four ways to meet this work experience requirement. Please read the Candidate Handbook for more details. Then, download and complete the required form, and upload it when completing the online application.
Performing infection prevention and control protocols based on these guidelines and standards in a dental setting (e.g., dental assistant, dental hygienist).
Supervising individuals who implement these guidelines and standards in a dental setting (e.g., dentist, dental office manager)
Providing education or consulting services on these guidelines and standards in a dental setting (e.g., faculty teaching dental infection prevention and control, company educators, consultants)
Healthcare professionals** who investigate or inspect dental settings for compliance with federal infection prevention and control guidelines and standards on behalf of government, regulatory, accrediting or public health authorities
The CDIPC exam pretest application deadline has passed. Thank you for your interest.
* CDC Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Healthcare Settings (2003); CDC Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings: Basic Expectations for Safe Care (2016); OSHA Hazard Communication Standard; and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (1910.1030)
**Healthcare professionals (e.g., D.D.S; D.M.D.; RDH; certified, registered, and/or licensed dental assistant; licensed, registered or certified healthcare professional)