The Dental Industry Specialist in Infection Prevention and Control™ (DISIPC™) certification exam pretest application is now available. If you are interested in applying, read the information below before starting your application.
DISIPC Eligibility Pathways
There are several pathways to be eligible. To learn more, download the flier and candidate handbook.
Important Details About the Exam Pretest
- Applications must be submitted by 4 p.m. CT on October 15.
- The application fee is $75 and nonrefundable.
- The exam must be taken in person at a Pearson VUE testing center. To see a list of test center locations, visit DANB’s Pearson VUE page and select “find a test center.” Find a Pearson VUE test center.
- Space is limited. The first 200 candidates to apply who meet the exam eligibility and related pretest requirements will be accepted.
- Candidates who have received approval to take the CDIPC exam pretest may not apply for the DISIPC exam pretest.
- Candidates whose applications are accepted will receive an exam authorization email from DANB by Nov. 1.
- Candidates who receive an exam authorization email must schedule and take the exam within 60 days.
Work Experience Forms
Candidates who apply through Pathway I must submit a Work Experience Form to demonstrate they have completed at least 1,040 hours of required work experience.
There are three ways to meet this work experience requirement. Please read the Candidate Handbook for more details. Then, download and complete the required form, and upload it when completing the online application.
Sales representatives, customer service personnel, service technicians and other professionals who work for the companies that manufacture or distribute products, equipment or services to the dental profession who are not healthcare professionals**
Those who are not healthcare professionals** who investigate or inspect dental settings for compliance with federal infection prevention and control guidelines and standards* on behalf of government, regulatory, accrediting or public health authorities
Start the pretest exam application
If you’re ready to apply, click the button below to begin. The button will take you to log in to your DANB account. If you do not already have a DANB account, you will need to create one. If you have a DALE Foundation account, your username and password are the same as for your DANB account.
* CDC Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Healthcare Settings (2003); CDC Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings: Basic Expectations for Safe Care (2016); OSHA Hazard Communication Standard; and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (1910.1030)
**Healthcare professionals (e.g., D.D.S; D.M.D.; RDH; certified, registered, and/or licensed dental assistant; licensed, registered or certified healthcare professional)