I like infection control and I want to know more and be able to do more. I get information from different sources that contradict each other. I want to be confident in my knowledge of what is right.
The Infection Control Educational Program for Everyone in Dentistry
The OSAP-DALE Foundation Dental Infection Prevention and Control Certificate™ is a comprehensive, baseline educational program. It is intended for everyone on the dental team, plus educators, consultants, dental sales representatives, and state dental board investigators and inspectors.
How does it benefit me?
The OSAP-DALE Foundation Certificate Program can help you enhance your infection control knowledge and demonstrate your commitment to patient safety. Successful completion of this comprehensive infection control education is an important accomplishment for those who want to boost their credibility and potential job prospects. Completing this educational program:
- Validates your knowledge of a standardized dental infection prevention and control curriculum – developed and validated by experts
- Demonstrates your commitment to your patients, students, team members, customers, and many other stakeholder groups
- Awards a recognized certificate that can be framed
- Meets one of the eligibility requirements for both OSAP-DANB infection control certification programs
- Fulfills a requirement for the American Association of Dental Office Management Mastership (MAADOM)
Why this program?
Ensuring a safe dental visit is a team effort. Everyone from the dental assistant to the dental hygienist to the dental practice manager to the dentist is involved. And so are the educators, consultants, and sales representatives who sell dental infection control products and services. With patient and provider safety on the line, OSAP and the DALE Foundation developed this comprehensive educational program based on federal standards and evidence-based guidelines. This educational program was developed and reviewed by experts in dental infection control – so you can trust that the information is accurate and validated.
What is it?
The OSAP-DALE Foundation Dental Infection Prevention and Control Certificate is a voluntary assessment-based certificate program that is perfect for new and experienced dental professionals who are responsible for infection control duties. In addition, the program is:
- Able to be completed at your own schedule in a convenient online format
- Compatible with desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Based on the most up-to-date content from multiple, high-quality sources with links to other sources for more advanced training
- Developed from national standards and aligned to the specific educational components developed by a national dental infection control consortium of seven organizations and the CDC
*Note: Completing this educational program leads to an assessment-based certificate. This is not a certification. Learn more about the difference between a certificate program and a professional certification.
Get Started Today
The OSAP-DALE Foundation Dental Infection Prevention and Control Certificate program includes two educational steps and an online assessment. Everyone in dentistry and the dental trade is encouraged to complete this program. Steps 1 and 2 can be completed in either order.
Complete the OSAP-DALE Foundation online CDEA® module Understanding CDC’s Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings ($30).
Pass the OSAP-DALE Foundation eHandbook Assessment™ (You will only be eligible to access the OSAP-DALE Foundation eHandbook Assessment after you have successfully completed the first two steps of the OSAP-DALE Foundation Dental Infection Prevention and Control Certificate Program. Those who have completed both steps will be notified via email.)
Available early 2020 ($50).
The total cost for completing all three steps of the OSAP-DALE Foundation Certificate Program is $305. Visit the DALE Foundation website to learn more about discounts available for the purchase of multiple courses and for groups of learners.