I like infection control and I want to know more and be able to do more. I get information from different sources that contradict each other. I want to be confident in my knowledge of what is right.
The Infection Control Educational Program for Everyone in Dentistry
The OSAP-DALE Foundation Dental Infection Prevention and Control Certificate™ is a comprehensive, baseline educational program. It is intended for everyone on the dental team, plus educators, consultants, dental sales representatives, and state dental board investigators and inspectors.
How does it benefit me?
This educational certificate program can help you enhance your infection control knowledge and demonstrate your commitment to patient safety. Successful completion of this comprehensive infection control education is an important accomplishment for those who want to boost their credibility and potential job prospects. Completing this educational program:
- Validates your knowledge of a standardized curriculum – developed by experts
- Demonstrates your commitment to your patients
- Awards a recognized certificate that can be framed
- Meets one of the eligibility requirements for both OSAP-DANB infection control certification programs
Why this program?
Ensuring a safe dental visit is a team effort. Everyone from the dental assistant to the dental hygienist to the dental practice manager to the dentist is involved. And so are the educators, consultants, and sales representatives who sell dental infection control products and services. With patient and provider safety on the line, OSAP and the DALE Foundation developed this comprehensive educational program based on federal standards and evidence-based guidelines. This educational program was developed and reviewed by experts in dental infection control – so you can trust that the information is accurate and validated.
What is it?
The OSAP-DALE Foundation Dental Infection Prevention and Control Certificate is a voluntary assessment-based certificate program that is perfect for new and experienced dental professionals who are responsible for infection control duties. In addition, the program is:
- Able to be completed at your own schedule in a variety of formats (online, in print and in person)
- Based on the most up-to-date content from multiple, high-quality sources with links to other sources for more advanced training
- Developed from national standards and aligned to the specific educational components developed by a national dental infection control consortium of seven organizations and the CDC
*Note: Completing this educational program leads to an assessment-based certificate. This is not a certification. Learn more about the difference between a certificate program and a professional certification.
Get Started Today
The OSAP-DALE Foundation Dental Infection Prevention and Control Certificate program includes three educational steps and an online assessment. Everyone in dentistry and the dental trade
Complete the OSAP-DALE Foundation online CDEA® module:
Understanding CDC’s Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings ($30)
Complete your choice of one of these dental infection control education programs:
- The DALE Foundation’s DANB® ICE® Review course ($130) - online
- From Policy to Practice: OSAP's Guide to the CDC Guidelines ($95 OSAP member, $150 non-member) - paper and online
- OSAP’s OSHA & CDC Guidelines Interact Training System ($95 OSAP member, $150 non-member) - paper and online
- OSAP’s Dental Infection Control Boot Camp™ ($395-$550 OSAP member, $595-$750 non-member) - 3-day in-person
By December 1, 2019, the following options will also qualify for completion of step two:
- Graduate from a CODA-accredited dental school, dental hygiene program, dental assisting program or dental laboratory technology program
- Hold a degree in a life science or a life-science-based technical or professional degree from an educational institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or similar federal agency in another country)
Complete the OSAP-DALE Foundation Dental Infection Prevention and Control eHandbook™. ($225 for 6-month access)
The OSAP-DALE Foundation eHandbook was launched in May 2019. You will only be eligible to purchase this eHandbook after you have completed steps 1 and 2. Those who have completed steps 1 and 2 will be notified by email with instructions. For more information on the eHandbook click HERE
Pass the OSAP-DALE Foundation eHandbook Assessment™
Available Fall 2019 ($50 OSAP member or DANB certificant, $100 non-member/non-certificant)
If you’re looking for additional dental infection control education, OSAP and the DALE Foundation have created two interactive, online Continuing Dental Education Articles (CDEA®) modules, including:
- General Aspects of Instrument Processing
- Understanding CDC’s Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings
New OSAP-DALE Foundation CDEA modules in other dental infection prevention and control topics will be added to the CE catalog annually.